Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge


I did it, a challenge. First let me say that the scanner cropped off the top part of my card (white) so it looks different in person. And of course, I left my camera at my parents last weekend. Yesterday, went to a Stampin Up representative's workshop and made a cute scrapbook made from coasters and cardboard. That will be forthcoming when I get the camera. So while were where in Plano, my friend and I went to Stamp Asylum. I only purchased a cuttlebug "type" of embossing folder that is double sided. After a dry run, which wasn't a very deep impression I remembered reading about getting it moist, so I pulled out the latte glimmer mist and sprayed both sides of the yellow (yes, this was yellow to begin with) paper. Sandwiched this in a piece of wax paper. Think I sprayed it again after running through the cuttlebug. My sorority, Beta Sigma Phi's flower is the yellow rose, hince the reason for getting this one and the other side of the plate has a fleur pattern. The orange paper is CTMH, the pearl vellum which looks lavendar here but is white, stamped rose with SU pens, fiber and heart from my stash. The orange paper behind the embossed paper has a new scalloped scallop punch (the scallops are scalloped) this was purchased at M's. The link to the weekly blog is at http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Way to go Jimmie!!! I am proud of you for doing the challenge. I think your card is fabulous!!! I love the rose embossing folder. Great find!!! Hey I also love your new blog look!!! Seems easier on the eyes!!!

Lovin Hello Kitty said...

jimmie this turned out beautiful. I love the colors they look great. Glad you moved to the other side with us mojo's! hahaha..... I won't be able to participate in next weeks as I will be flying away again....