Monday, March 30, 2009

Stampin Up Workshops























































I had the wonderful pleasure of going to two Stampin' Up workshops this weekend. I really enjoyed myself.


On Saturday, a friend and I went to a representative in Plano to make these coaster albums. I will admit that when I saw the picture at first I thought how odd but you can always learn from these workshops and I did. Now that I've made one, I can think of several events where this would be great, especially a coaster/page for each person in a family - great for grandkids or such.


On Sunday, I met a few other friends at a representative in Denton to make these two cards, bag and basket. What I enjoyed was using the same stamp set for different uses and designs. My mother is frugal in a good way and I guess I think of this when it comes to stamping too. How can you use the same set more than one way or how many projects. The basket is suppose to have a border that we punched out, then ran through a crimper and then glued but that straightened mine out and I couldn't get it to crimp right - makes a scalloped border around the chick.
All of these were fun to make. I needed a jump on ideas for Easter. Thank you Kathy and Tonya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Jimmie Lyn! I didn't even notice you didn't put the ruffle on! hahahha! I had a great time with you.

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

All very cute projects Jimmie. I love the coaster book idea. I have so many of those little things. This would be a good way to use them. I would like to see that project in person.

Jennifer Wiemann said...

Love your projects!